Medidas especiales para los residentes temporales y permanentes afectados por las inundaciones en el sur de Alberta

Se han puesto a disposición medidas especiales para los residentes temporales y permanentes afectados por las inundaciones en el sur de Alberta

De Nuestra Redacción
Montreal · Publicado el: 07/02/2013

“Fees are being waived and status will be automatically extended or restored for those temporary and permanent residents affected by the massive flooding in Alberta.” Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

Special procedures have been put in place to help those temporary and permanent residents in Alberta who, because of the flood, need to apply for urgent immigration documents, extend their work or study permits, or replace destroyed immigration documents. The special measures will be in place until September 19, 2013.

“As Canadians we come together to ensure that we do what we can to help people get through times like these and to help them get back to their employment and caring for their families,” said Minister Kenney at the re-opened Harry Hays Building in Calgary. “This is another measure the federal government is taking so that those affected by the flooding have one less thing to worry about.”

In order to be eligible, temporary and permanent residents will need to demonstrate that they have been affected by the flooding. A residential address in an affected community or registration with the Red Cross will be sufficient for this purpose. All requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis, as required.

In addition, a dedicated line has been set up at CIC’s call centre. People can call the 1-888-242-2100 number and Press “7”. The agent will then ask the standard security questions and will advise client on how to proceed with an application.

A dedicated email address of has also been set up. Affected temporary and permanent residents and Canadian citizens may email their Unique Client Identifier (UCI#), full name, date of birth and place & country of birth with ‘URGENT: FLOOD’ in subject line. An agent will then follow up with the client.

For more information on how to get help from CIC please visit the Alberta Flood section of our website.



¿Qué estás buscando?